This essential oil comes from a flowering, perennial herb with violet flowers and heart-shaped leaves.
A sun loving plant, sometimes called orange mint, Bergamot Mint is a member of the Lamiaceae or mint family. Because Bergamot Mint is a mint oil, not a citrus oil, it does not cause photosensitivity.
Similar to Lavender, Bergamot Mint’s major constituents linalool and linalyl acetate have shown in studies to help manage occasional restlessness.
Perfect for diffusing after a hard day or at bedtime, it can also be added to Fractionated Coconut Oil as part of a comforting and soothing after-workout massage.
Bergamot Mint’s lavender-like, minty aroma also complements a warm relaxing bath.
- Diffuse day or night for a comforting atmosphere.
- Add to a carrier oil for a comforting massage.
- Add to carrier oil and disperse in a relaxing bath.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Dilute one drop essential oil to two drops of carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Creates a comforting atmosphere.
- Relaxing and restoring aroma.
- Blends well with citrus oils, Basil, Geranium, Lavender, Rose, and Ylang Ylang essential oils.
Lavender-like, slightly minty
Linalool, Linalyl acetate