Extracted from the branches and leaves of the Douglas Fir tree, Douglas Fir oil has a piney aroma with a sweet and refreshing lemon-scented note, which helps create an energizing and breathable atmosphere through diffusion. When used topically, Douglas Fir essential oil can improve the appearance of skin by offering surface cleansing properties.
Why should I add Douglas Fir oil to my collection? Douglas Fir essential oil is almost entirely composed of chemical constituents with a monoterpene backbone. Like its piney relatives such as Siberian Fir essential oil, Black Spruce essential oil, and Cypress essential oil, the compounds a-pinene and δ-3-carene provide a stimulating aroma, surface cleansing properties, and soothing benefits to the skin. Of all the fir essential oils, Douglas Fir essential oil is particularly known for its aroma and use in massage.
- Dilute one drop of Douglas Fir oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to chest for a revitalizing aroma during a soothing massage.
- Add one drop of Douglas Fir oil to a body wash for an energizing aroma and added cleansing benefits.
- Combine one drop of Douglas Fir oil with two drops of Wintergreen oil for a minty, rejuvenating aroma during a massage.
- Place one drop of Douglas Fir oil in the hands and inhale for a calming, re-energize aroma.
- Diffuse three to five drops of Douglas fir oil during the holiday season for a piney, woody aroma.
- Add two drops of Douglas Fir oil to a naturally-sourced or DIY all-purpose cleaner for an extra boost.
- Diffuse two drops of Douglas Fir oil with two drops of Grapefruit oil while doing homework for a stimulating scent.
Directions for Use
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Aromatic DescriptionClean, fresh, woody, airy
Collection MethodSteam Distillation
Plant PartBranch, Leaf
Main ConstituentsB-pinene, a-pinene, δ-3-carene, sabinene
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.